2020 will no doubt be a memorable year, but unfortunately for most people that meant being confined to one’s home under COVID-19 lockdown. Despite this, The St. John’s Society had one of our most visibly productive years yet, much in thanks to the emergence of Zoom and online meetings to discuss and progress several projects, large and small. These included:
- Mural completed on one side of the St John’s Vale railway bridge (artwork by local artist Alma Tischlerwood, painted by Lionel Stanhope). Funding secured by St. John’s Society, completed in October 2020.
- Improvements to the outdoor space next to St. John’s Church. Five new benches and bins installed in the renamed ‘St. John’s Garden’. Funding secured by St John’s Society through the Greening Fund.
- Promoting Tanner’s Hill residents’ street clean-up in December 2020. #CleanUpStJohns
- Our chair Litsa Breingan invited to open the new ‘Kath’s Place’ community shop on the corner of Albyn Road and Friendly Street.
- Working with local food banks and promoting ‘Reverse Advert Calendar’ campaign
- Helping to rehouse a lost pet parrot!
More details can be found on these accomplishments and more in the Chair’s annual report, which will be published following our AGM on Monday 8th February 2021. We hope to see many of you there, virtually!
St Johns Society Annual General Meeting
8th February 8-9pm
Use the number 99945025296 on Zoom or use this link https://bbc.zoom.us/j/99945025296
To find out more about St Johns Society check out:
Our website https://st-johns-soc.org/
Like us on Facebook @stjohnssociety
Follow us on Twitter @StJohnsSE8